I have a soft spot for Sixties style, after-all the 1960s saw the rise of the nude lip, for which I’ll be eternally grateful and who doesn’t love a cut crease?
When I was asked to write about 1960s make up to celebrate Hairspray The Musical * -which is coming to Cardiff in March!- I instantly thought of one of my all time favourite style icons, Priscilla Presley; Queen of big black hair, heavy eyeliner and of course the nude lip.
I’ve rounded up a handful of products you’re going to want in your arsenal when creating Sixties looks that Priscilla would be proud of.
1. ARTDECO matte white eyeshadow – use a good primer under this to get a nice matte colour for that classic bold black and white 60s cut crease.
2. Eye Candy Sixties lashes wear these on top with separated heavy mascara on the bottom à la Twiggy.
3. H&M Beauty soft eyeliner pencils in pure white and jet black
4. MAC matte eyeshadow in Carbon
5. Urban Decay 24/7 Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
6. Pure Colour Peach Matte Lipstick – One of my favourite Sixties trends is a pastel or nude shade on the lips. I’m really into this peach shade in matte.
7. MAC Retro Matte liquid lipcolour in Mademoiselle – Pair the matte lipstick with a matte gloss to make lips appear fuller.
What is your favourite aspect of Sixties glam?